The new General Data Protection Regulation is a set of laws passed in the European Union on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the EU. This will change how organisations and businesses can handle the information about their customers. To comply with these laws, we need to provide you with the opportunity to easily manage the communications we send.
- The information we collect at The Senate is usually in accordance with making reservations. Therefore, we may collect personal information such as your name, email and phone number.
- If you sign up to receive our newsletter, we will request and store your email address on our system, and on the mail chimp website, who have updated their compliance with GDPR In May 2018.
- If you make a booking via the Open Table website, your name, email and personal number will be stored on our Open Table system.
- Any over the phone deposits made for large bookings or parties, card numbers will not be written down and only put straight onto the card reader where the customer will sign the receipt on the day of the reservation.
- Any personal information sent via email to email@example.com will be stored on our email inbox.
You have the right to request access to your personal data. Please do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:
1 St Mary’s Passage
Please allow 28 working days for us to confirm your personal data we hold about you and provide a copy of the data. We have the right to extend this by another 14 days. Your first copy will be provided free of charge.